Congratulations on your successes at Stanly Community College! This page has information pertaining to our graduation process and ceremonies at SCC. Hopefully, this page will answer all of your questions, and if not, please feel free to contact us. If you are currently registered for your final semester of classes for your credential (Certificate, Diploma, or Associate Degree) please submit a graduation application.
Steps to Graduation
- Register for your final semester of classes for your credential.
- If you are unsure of which classes you need to complete your program, please contact your success coach or review your Program Evaluation located in Self-Service.
- Need help registering for classes? Contact Eagle’s One Stop at 704-991-0123.
- Complete the application for graduation (even if you are not participating in the ceremony).
- The graduation application is used to verify your mailing address and gives you the opportunity to make sure your name will appear on your degree as you would like it to. For example, if you get married and want your married name on your degree, or if you want your middle name listed, listing that on your graduation application ensures that it will be printed on your degree.
- Starting in the fall of 2016, the graduation fee is no longer charged to your account but will be covered by your Student Success registration fees.
- You are not obligated to participate in the graduation ceremony but we would enjoy celebrating and acknowledging your achievements with you and your family.
- Graduation Application Deadlines:
Fall Graduates - October 31
Spring or Summer Graduates - March 31
**Graduation applications submitted after the deadline may cause a delay in graduation and your name may not appear in the graduation commencement program.**
- Contact the SCC Bookstore to order your cap, gown, and regalia (not needed if you are not participating in the graduation ceremony).
- You may contact the Bookstore at 704-991-0229 with questions concerning the ordering of your cap, gown and regalia.
- The purchase of graduation cap, gown and other regalia is not covered by your Student Success registration fees and payment for graduation attire is the responsibility of the graduate.
- All degrees will be mailed to the address listed on your graduation application approximately 2 - 4 weeks after being graduated.
- Please write your name on the graduation application as you would like to appear on your degree.
- Inform Debbie Utley, the Graduation and Degree Audit Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes concerning your address or contact information that may impede the delivery of your degree.
- Update any post-graduation information with the college (contact information, phone number, permanent address, etc.) using the Information Change/Update form.
- Graduation applications are processed within 3 business days. After your graduation application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email to your student email address. If you do not receive your confirmation email, please contact Debbie Utley at email@example.com.
Check this page often for updates to the current graduation schedule.
The May Graduation Ceremony includes graduates from the previous Fall, Spring and future Summer semesters (i.e., students who have completed their final classes in Fall 2019, Spring 2020, or Summer 2020). All degrees will be mailed out approximately 2-4 weeks after the end of the semester (whether you attend the ceremony or not).
Those graduates who are in honor societies, like Phi Theta Kappa, are encouraged to speak with the advisors of those societies concerning graduation regalia, like tassels or stoles. The next Graduation Ceremony will be held Thursday, May 7th, 2020 at the Stanly County Agri-Civic Center.
If you have any questions concerning graduation, please contact our Graduation and Degree Audit Coordinator, Debbie Utley at 704-991-0320 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cap and Gown Donation Drive
After graduation, you will have an opportunity to pay it forward and share your success with future graduates. Donation boxes for gently used caps and gowns will be placed around the graduation venue. We have a limited number of caps and gowns that are loaned out to graduating students who do not have the financial resources to purchase their own. We hope to support more students by increasing our supply.
If you no longer want/need your cap and gown, please consider placing them in the donation boxes at graduation and help us ensure the last thing students worry about on their special day is having enough money for a cap and gown.
Previous Graduation Ceremonies