Congratulations on your successes at Stanly Community College! This page has information pertaining to our graduation process and ceremonies at SCC. Hopefully, this page will answer all of your questions, and if not, please feel free to contact us. If you are currently registered for your final semester of classes for your credential (Certificate, Diploma, or Associate Degree) please submit a graduation application.
Steps to Graduation
- Register for your final semester of classes for your credential.
- If you are unsure of which classes you need to complete your program, please contact your success coach or review your Program Evaluation located in Self-Service.
- Need help registering for classes? Contact Eagle’s One Stop at 704-991-0123.
- Complete the Application for Graduation (even if you are not participating in the ceremony).
- The graduation application is used to verify your mailing address and gives you the opportunity to make sure your name will appear on your degree as you would like it to. For example, if you get married and want your married name on your degree, or if you want your middle name listed, listing that on your graduation application ensures that it will be printed on your degree.
- There are no fees for graduation, other than purchasing your cap, gown and regalia. Graduation expenses are covered using the Student Success Fee assessed each semester you attend SCC.
- You are not obligated to participate in the graduation ceremony but we would enjoy celebrating and acknowledging your achievements with you and your family.
- Contact the SCC Bookstore to order your cap, gown, and regalia (not needed if you are not participating in the graduation ceremony).
- You may contact the Bookstore at 704-991-0229 with questions concerning the ordering of your cap, gown and regalia.
- The purchase of graduation cap, gown and other regalia is not covered by your Student Success registration fees and payment for graduation attire is the responsibility of the graduate.
- Order your Graduation Regalia
- Please write your name on the graduation application as you would like to appear on your degree.
- Inform Debbie Utley, the Graduation and Degree Audit Coordinator, at email@example.com of any changes concerning your address or contact information that may impede the delivery of your degree.
- Update any post-graduation information with the college (contact information, phone number, permanent address, etc.) using the Information Change/Update form.
- Graduation applications are processed within 3 business days. After your graduation application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email to your student email address. If you do not receive your confirmation email, please contact Debbie Utley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spring Graduates will receive their official certificate, diploma, or degree on the stage at graduation, or in the mail. Summer graduates will receive their official certificate, diploma, or degree in the mail 2 to 4 weeks following the conclusion of the Summer term. Credentials that are mailed will be sent via the USPS at the address that was provided on the graduation application. Any charges or holds on your account must be taken care of before your degree will be delivered.
Check this page often for updates to the current graduation schedule.
2020 Graduation Schedule
The college will be holding its graduation ceremonies June 8th – 11th, on campus between the Eddins and Whitley Buildings. In an effort to maintain social distancing standards, we will be holding the event in an outdoor space, offering graduates a “drive-thru” style ceremony, in which graduates will receive their ceremonial cords of distinction and diplomas while still within their vehicle, and then offered the opportunity to walk across the graduation stage for remembering that special moment. The campus will have directional signs directing graduates where to go. Graduates are asked to wear their cap and gown or, if one is unavailable at the time, they may wear business professional attire while walking across the stage. Family will have the opportunity to take pictures, and we will have a photographer on site taking pictures as well.
Each day is designated for each academic program, which is listed below. Please adhere to the date your program is listed. Graduates and their family may arrive anytime between 10:00AM and 6:00PM.
- June 8th - Health Science Programs: Associate Degree Nursing, Emergency Medical Science, Medical Assisting, Medical Laboratory Technology, Pharmacy Technology, Radiography, Respiratory Therapy
- June 9th - Public Service, & College & Career Readiness Programs: Basic Law Enforcement Training, Criminal Justice Technology, Early Childhood Education, Human Services Technology, Adult High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Diploma, Stanly Early College
- June 10th - University Transfer Programs: Associate in Science, Associate in Arts, Associate in Arts—Business & Accounting
- June 11th - Advanced Manufacturing, Industry, Technology & Trades, & Business Programs: Heavy Equipment Operations, Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology, Biomedical Equipment Technology, Computer-Integrated Machining, Welding Technology, Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology, Simulation and Game Development, Accounting, Advertising and Graphic Design, Agri-Business, Business Administration, Cosmetology, Cyber Crime Technology, Information Technology Business Support, Information Technology Cybersecurity, Information Technology Network Management
You and your family’s health and well-being are important to us. Please feel free to maintain your personal protective attire while participating in the ceremonies. We will maintain the preventative measures on campus to ensure you and your family’s well-being while on campus.
If you have any questions concerning graduation, please contact our Graduation and Degree Audit Coordinator, Debbie Utley at 704-991-0320 or at email@example.com.
Previous Graduation Ceremonies