Are You Ready To Graduate?
The 2023-24 Graduation ceremony will be held on May 9, 2024 at the Agri-Civic Center in Albemarle, NC.
This page has information pertaining to our graduation process and ceremonies at SCC. Hopefully, this page will answer all your questions, and if not, please feel free to contact us. If you are currently registered for your final semester of classes for your credential (Certificate, Diploma, or Associate Degree) please submit a graduation application.
Steps to Graduation
- Register for your final semester of classes for your credential.
- If you are unsure of which classes you need to complete your program, please contact your Success Coach, or review your Program Evaluation located in Self-Service.
- Need help registering for classes? Contact Eagle’s One Stop at 704-991-0123.
- Complete the Application for Graduation located in your Self-Service under the Graduation Overview tab (even if you are not participating in the ceremony).
- Graduation Applications have different deadlines, based on semester. Please submit
your graduation application by the following deadlines:
- Fall - November 15
- Spring - April 15
- Summer - July 1
- Please be aware that if you do not meet the requirements of your program by the end of the semester you submit a graduation application for, your application will be removed and you will need to reapply.
- The graduation application is used to verify your mailing address and gives you the opportunity to make sure your name will appear on your degree as you would like it to. For example, if you get married and want your married name on your degree, or if you want your middle name listed, listing that on your graduation application ensures that it will be printed on your degree.
- You are not obligated to participate in the graduation ceremony, but we would enjoy celebrating and acknowledging your achievements with you and your family.
- Please enter your name on the graduation application as you would like to appear on your degree.
- Inform Shannon Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes concerning your address or contact information that may impede the delivery of your degree.
- Once you submit your graduation application, you will receive a confirmation email to your student email address. If you do not receive your confirmation email, please contact Shannon Morales at email@example.com.
- Contact the SCC Bookstore to order your cap, gown, and regalia (not needed if you are not participating in the graduation ceremony).
- You may contact the Bookstore at 704-991-0229 with questions concerning the ordering of your cap, gown and regalia.
- The purchase of graduation cap, gown and other regalia is not covered by your Student Success registration fees and payment for graduation attire is the responsibility of the graduate.
- Update any post-graduation information with the college (contact information, phone number, permanent address, etc.) using the Information Change/Update form.
Additional graduation ceremony information will be mailed to all graduation applicants mid-spring semester, containing further information regarding ceremony times and dates.
If you or your guests require special accommodations such as ASL Interpreting or wheelchair access at Graduation, please contact Traci Swaringen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The college will be holding its graduation ceremonies May 9, 2024 at the Agri-Civic Center in Albemarle, NC. Further information will be mailed to all 2023-24 graduation applicants mid-spring semester.
If you have any questions concerning graduation, please contact Shannon Morales at email@example.com.