Department of Counseling and Special Services
Career assessments and inventories, Resume writing, Interview Skills
Patterson Building, Room 120
Snyder Building, Room 220
Whitley Technology Center 107
Meetings can be beneficial for students who need assistance with the following:
- “I don’t know what to major in.”
- “I know what I want to major in, but have no idea what I want to do once I graduate.”
- “I need help with a resume and/or cover letter.”
- “I need to take a career assessment to find out what career field I might be suited for.”
- Any issues relating to career and/or educational issues
A counselor will not tell you what to do, what you should major in, or what career to pursue.
Career Planning can be a process, so please be prepared for multiple meetings and
discussions to form a successful path.
Let us help you to develop a plan to achiever your goals.
Students have the ability to complete the assessments below independently.
Please contact a member of the counseling department to
schedule a meeting to review and discuss results.
- Career and College Assessments - https://www.myplan.com/
- O*NET® Career Exploration Tools - https://www.onetcenter.org/tools.html
- CFNC Plan for College or a Career - https://www1.cfnc.org/Plan/For_A_Career/_default.aspx
Transfer Guidelines from NC Community College Students
- Career and College Assessments - UNC System - https://www.northcarolina.edu/Transfer-Students/NC-Community-College-Transfer/
- NC private/independent college and university transfer information - https://cfcc.edu/academic-advising/university-transfer-guide/
Resumes can be submitted for counselor review through the SCC Career Connect link on this page.