Career assessments and inventories, Resume writing, Interview Skills
Meetings can be beneficial for students who need assistance with the following:
- “I don’t know what to major in.”
- “I know what I want to major in, but have no idea what I want to do once I graduate.”
- “I need help with a resume and/or cover letter.”
- “I need to take a career assessment to find out what career field I might be suited for.”
- Any issues relating to career and/or educational issues
A counselor will not tell you what to do, what you should major in, or what career to pursue.
Career Planning can be a process, so please be prepared for multiple meetings and
discussions to form a successful path.
Let us help you to develop a plan to achiever your goals.
Students have the ability to complete the assessments below independently.
Please contact a member of the counseling department to
schedule a meeting to review and discuss results.
- Career and College Assessments - https://www.myplan.com/
- O*NET® Career Exploration Tools - https://www.onetcenter.org/tools.html
- CFNC Plan for College or a Career - https://www1.cfnc.org/Plan/For_A_Career/_default.aspx
Transfer Guidelines from NC Community College Students
- Career and College Assessments - UNC System - https://www.northcarolina.edu/Transfer-Students/NC-Community-College-Transfer/
- NC private/independent college and university transfer information - https://cfcc.edu/academic-advising/university-transfer-guide/
Resumes can be submitted for counselor review through the SCC Career Connect link on this page.