Career Development is the lifelong process of managing learning, work, leisure, and transitions in order to move toward a personally determined & evolving preferred future. Career Development is influenced by your interests, abilities, personality, and many other factors.
Career Counseling can assist in your career development by helping you to get to know and yourself better in order to make career, educational and life decisions.
A career counselor will:
- Help you figure out who you are and what you want out of your education, career, and life.
- Help you locate resources and sources of career information, including highlighting the importance of job shadowing.
- Help you assess your interests, abilities, and values.
- Help you organize and make sense of your thoughts, feelings, ideas, and concerns about career and educational choices.
A counselor will not tell you what to do, or tell you what you should major in or what career to pursue. We are here to assist you to find the path that is best for you. Let us help you to develop a plan to achieve your goals.
Also, try: http://www.cfnc.org.
Log in or create an account.
- Under the tab “Plan” click “For a Career”.
- Click on “Learn About Yourself”.
- You will be offered an array of career assessments. The top two that we recommend are the Interest Profiler and the Career Cluster Survey, but you are welcome to take as many as you want. You will get your results as soon as you complete the assessment, as well as suggested careers and resources you can use to further research careers you may be interested in. Your results will be saved to your account so you can log in at any time to take more assessments or finish ones you’ve started.