- Testing will be scheduled by student with the SCC Testing Center at least 2 days prior to testing date.
- Upon arrival for testing, student will sign in and show identification.
- If student chooses to bring non-testing materials, they will be asked to store them away under their chair until the test is completed.
- If a student misses a test or an exam for any reason, it is his/her responsibility to notify the instructor to determine if a retest can be arranged.
- Once the student enters the testing space, he/she will not be able to leave the area until the test is completed.
- Students are expected to take care of all personal needs (such as using the restroom, eating, etc.) before testing.
- Failure to comply with testing rules and standards (ex: cheating) will result in punishment as per documented in the Code of Conduct
- Student will meet with his/her instructor(s) at the beginning of each semester to discuss individual testing accommodations and make appropriate arrangements for testing.
- Instructors will be asked to send tests or exams to the Director of Counseling and Special Services at least 2 days prior to testing in order to appropriately modify exam to satisfy accommodation. Student is responsible for scheduling testing.
- Instructors will be asked to complete a Faculty Testing Request Form for each test. Information on the Faculty Testing Request Form includes:
- Student’s name
- Class/Test number
- Class time allotted/time limit
- Last date to take the test
- Materials allowed (ex: calculator, note card, etc.)
- Comments/Special Instructions
- Instructor’s signature.
- Director of Counseling and Special Services will deliver test to instructor after completion by student
Note for Instructors
- Instructors and/or departments/divisions determine policies regarding attendance, make-up work and missed quizzes, tests, and exams.
- Instructors are not required to lower academic standards or fundamentally alter their course for accommodation purposes.
Faculty Testing Request Form