- Do I have to take the placement test?
- Is an appointment required and how do I make one?
- Is there a fee to take the test?
- I had accommodations in high school, can I receive those same testing accommodations here?
- Are there any study materials?
- Where is the testing center?
- What do I bring on test day?
- How can I view or request a copy of my testing scores?
- Can I take the placement test more than once?
- How long will the test take?
- Graduated from a US High School and successfully completed Math 2 within the last 10 years.
- Has earned developmental course credit, or has successfully completed a college-level English or Math course.
- Has completed an eligible placement test within the last 10 years.
- Has an Associates or Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Please review our Resources for Course Placement page for more information.
Is an appointment required and how do I make one?
Yes. Contact Debbie Utley, email@example.com 704-991-0320.
Is there a fee to take the test?
No. Students wanting to take the test to transfer scores to another institution must pay $20.00 in the Business Office and should request a remote test voucher from the institution they are wanting to transfer scores to.
I had accommodations in high school, can I receive those same testing accommodations here?
Yes. Please contact our Director of Counseling and Special Services prior to testing. The accommodations available are: extended test time, enlarged print, Braille, and sound.
Are there any study materials?
Yes, please select the link below for the study guide app or the .pdf version of the study guides.
RISE Placement - English
Where is the testing center?
There are two locations. Please make note of which one you select on the appointment calendar.
Albemarle Campus: Patterson Building, Room 114
Crutchfield Campus (Locust): Crutchfield Education Center, Room 108
- A valid picture ID
- SCC Student ID number
- SCC email and password
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled testing time. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided during the testing session. External calculators are not permitted. There is a calculator available within the testing software for the math portion.