Placement Testing (FAQ)
SCC uses the NC DAP placement test. Please use the resources below to prepare for the placement test.
(courtesy of Wake Technical Community College)
The SCC Testing Center, on the Albemarle Campus, has been temporarily relocated. If you are scheduling to take a test August 9th-11th, your appointment will be located in Eddins Building, Room 115. If you are scheduling to take a test on August 15th or later, your appointment will be located in Snyder Building, Room 114.
The TEAS test is administered for applicants to the Nursing and Radiography programs at SCC.
- Credit by exam
- Schedule your exam
Tests are by appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Test proctoring for online students
- Tests are by appointment only. No walk-ins.
The Testing Center will be located in
Eddins Building, Room 115 August 9th-11th
Snyder Building, Room 114 after August 15
By Appointment Only
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - Noon & 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: (704) 991-0147 - Jamie Morton
Crutchfield Education Center, Room 103
Hours: *Monday 2 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Tuesday 1 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. until 11:30 am, 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. until 6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
Phone: (704) 991-0320 - Debbie Utley
* Hours are subject to change during Summer semester.
- SCC offers correspondence testing for students who attend other institutions but live in the local area
- This service is available by appointment only
- Schedule your exam (This service is available at $20 per exam)
PEARSON VUE TEST CENTER
- Albemarle Campus, Whitley Technology Center Room 134
Hours: *Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- * Closed on Fridays during the Summer semester and holidays
Contact Rita Lykke- Elium (704) 991-0345
- -IT Certifications
- -GED® Computerized Testing
- -Other certification testing
- Call: (877) 404-3926 - To schedule a test
- Site#: 54641