Substantive Change Policy
|Approved By and Date:||Board of Trustees||06-14-2012|
|Executive Leadership Team||05-07-2012|
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) defines a substantive change as a “significant modification or expansion of the nature and scope of an accredited institution”, to include but not limited to:
- The addition of courses or programs that represent a significant departure, either in content or method of delivery, from those that were offered when the institution was last evaluated,
- The addition of courses or programs at a degree or credential level above that which is included in the institution’s current accreditation or reaffirmation, or
- A substantial increase in the number of clock or credit hours awarded for successful completion of a program.
Substantive Change Procedures
|Approved By and Date:||Executive Leadership Team||02-03-2014|
Changes which could trigger a need to notify SACSCOC of substantive changes anticipated at the institution must be identified routinely and early enough to allow for time to make the required notifications.
- All curricular changes are brought before the College’s Faculty Senate and ICore for approval. Prior to advancing the request through the Faculty Senate and ICore, the SACSCOC liaison is notified of the change and must give an approval signature on the Curriculum Change Form. If the curriculum change warrants, the approved change is then advanced to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Trustees.
- The SACSCOC liaison will also request information on a semi-annual basis by sending out a check sheet to the ICore membership. The members will be asked to provide information on any institutional changes (listed above) that are planned for their areas six months in the future.
- The SACSCOC liaison monitors all curricular changes or anticipated changes and will instigate a notification to SACSCOC if the change fits the published criteria for substantive change. In the case of questions regarding the applicability of the change, the SACSCOC liaison will communicate with the institution’s assigned SACSCOC representative.
- For changes identified as substantive, the Executive Vice President for Educational Services will assign appropriate divisional personnel to work with the SACSCOC liaison to complete the required materials for submission (e.g., prospectus and letters).
Email Encryption Procedure