Conflict of Interest Policy
|Approved By and Date:||Board of Trustees||02-20-2014|
|Executive Leadership Team||12-02-2013|
As per General Statute 14-234 and the Community College Laws of North Carolina 115D-26, members of the Board of Trustees and SCC employees are prohibited from acting as an agent, either directly or indirectly, for those furnishing goods or services to any State agency, school, or institution.
Conflict of Interest Procedures
|Approved By and Date:||Executive Leadership Team||12-02-2013|
1. Every reasonable effort shall be made to avoid SCC making purchases from or through trustees and college employees.
2. The purchasing power of the State and SCC shall not be used for private advantage of any trustee or employee.
3. No trustee or college employee shall directly or indirectly act as an agent for any supplier of goods or services to Stanly Community College.
4. No trustee or college employee shall accept or solicit any gift that could reasonably be construed to influence him or her in recommending or procuring goods or services for SCC.
5. Should SCC become aware of a conflict of interest of a trustee or college employee in any procurement of goods or services, action shall be taken immediately to cease such procurement.
6. Any employee determined to have violated the conflict of interest policy may be subject to disciplinary action according to the Progressive Disciplinary Policy. Furthermore, such violation may result in termination of employment and/or notification to the State Auditor that a violation of the conflict of interest statue has occurred.
7. A violation of the conflict of interest policy by a trustee will be forwarded to the State Auditor.
8. Each September, the President, Vice-Presidents, and all regular employees shall complete an Annual Reporting of Secondary Employment, Self-Employment and Affiliations form. All trustees shall complete an Annual Reporting of Employment and Affiliations form. These forms will be signed by the appropriate Vice-President or the President and maintained in a share file accessible to Human Resources and Purchasing. Each newly hired employee will complete a Conflict of Interest form as a part of their new hire paperwork process.
9. Upon conviction of a violation of general statutes governing conflict of interest, a trustee or college employee shall be deemed guilty of a Class I Misdemeanor.Email Encryption Procedure