Faculty Schedules Policy
|Approved By and Date:||Board of Trustees||02-20-2014|
|Executive Leadership Team||12-19-2013|
Stanly Community College actively promotes a balance for faculty between assigned teaching load, course development and preparation, student advising, professional enhancement, committee work, and faculty meetings. Faculty members will maintain a minimum of five office hours per week that are convenient for student appointments and other duties associated with faculty status.
Faculty Schedules Procedures
|Approved By and Date:||Executive Leadership Team||08-27-2018|
Full-time faculty are exempt employees and must work the hours necessary to accomplish the weekly tasks. Faculty are expected to:
- Participate in day, evening, weekend, and online programs as determined by the Dean and supervisor as part of their normal full-time load.
- Faculty are expected to be available for scheduled student appointments outside of the minimum five office hours per week, and to attend scheduled meetings as requested. Faculty at Albemarle Correctional Institute (ACI) are exempt from the office hour requirement.
- Faculty must adhere to SCC’s full-time work week. Faculty must be on campus or at their assigned instruction location (excluding home) a minimum of 30 hours per week. Faculty will be allowed to have a nontraditional schedule for job-related duties with approval from the Associate Vice President. Faculty schedules should be posted by the instructor’s office door and on the share drive within the first week of the semester or term classes begin.
- Associate Vice Presidents and Deans will hold at least monthly meetings with faculty to facilitate good communication.
- Serving on College committees is a part of the faculty member’s professional responsibility. Faculty members will be expected to participate in various committee assignments and marketing/outreach events throughout the year. A reasonable effort will be made to relate interests and abilities to committee assignments and to balance these assignments throughout the entire faculty.
Revisions: 02/01/2016Email Encryption Procedure