Electronic Signature Policy
|Approved By and Date:||Board of Trustees||02-20-2014|
|Executive Leadership Team||12-19-2013|
Stanly Community College (SCC) recognizes an electronic signature as a valid signature from faculty, staff, and students.
Electronic Signature Procedures
|Approved By and Date:||Executive Leadership Team||12-19-2013|
1. An electronic signature is defined as any electronic process signifying an approval to terms and/or ensuring the integrity of the document presented in the electronic format.
2. Students use electronic signatures to register, check financial aid awards, pay student bills, obtain unofficial transcripts, update contract information, log into campus computers, complete forms, submission of class work, tests, etc.
3. Faculty and staff use electronic signature for submitting grades, viewing personal payroll data, logging into campus computers, accessing protected data through the administrative computing system and custom web applications provided by the College, etc.
4. An electronic signature is considered valid when one of the following conditions is met:
- SCC provides student or employee with a unique username.
- Student or employee sets his or her own password.
- Student or employee logs into campus network and secure site using both the username and the password.
5. It is the responsibility and obligation of each individual to keep his or her passwords private so that others cannot use his or her credentials.
6. Once logged in, the student or employee is responsible for any information he or she provides, updates, or removes.
7. SCC will take steps to ensure the passwords are protected and kept confidential. Users are responsible for logging out of all systems and exercising the necessary precautions when using publicly accessible computers.