Employees Schedule Policy
|Approved By and Date:||Board of Trustees||10-07-2021|
|Executive Leadership Team||07-12-2021|
Stanly Community College actively promotes a balance for all employees between their work commitments and a healthy quality of life.
Stanly Community College actively promotes a balance for faculty between assigned teaching load, course development and preparation, student advising, professional enhancement, committee work, and faculty meetings. Faculty members will maintain a minimum of five office hours per week that are convenient for student appointments and other duties associated with faculty status.
Stanly Community College actively promotes a balance for staff between job duties, professional development, committee work, and staff meetings. Staff will maintain hours that are convenient for student appointments, employee services, and other duties.
Employees Schedule Procedures
|Approved By and Date:||Executive Leadership Team||08-29-2022|
All SCC full-time employees must adhere to SCC’s full-time work week.
- Full-time faculty are exempt as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and must work the hours necessary to accomplish the weekly tasks. Faculty are expected to participate in day, evening, weekend, and online programs as determined by the Dean and supervisor as part of their normal full-time load.
- Faculty are expected to be available for scheduled student appointments outside of the minimum five office hours per week, and to attend scheduled meetings as requested. Faculty at Albemarle Correctional Institute (ACI) are exempt from the office hour requirement.
- Faculty must be on campus or at their assigned instruction location (excluding home) a minimum of 30 hours during at least four days per week. Faculty will be allowed to have a nontraditional schedule for job-related duties with approval from their respective Associate Vice President. Faculty schedules should be posted by the instructor’s office door and on the share drive within the first week of the semester or term classes begin.
- Associate Vice Presidents and Deans will hold at least monthly meetings with faculty to facilitate good communication.
- Serving on College committees is a part of the faculty member’s professional responsibility. Faculty members will be expected to participate in various committee assignments and marketing/outreach events throughout the year. A reasonable effort will be made to relate interests and abilities to committee assignments and to balance these assignments throughout the entire faculty.
- Full-time staff employees may be exempt from the FLSA or non-exempt employees who are entitled to overtime job protections.
- Full-time staff must be on campus or at their assigned workstation location during at least 5 days per week when the college is not closed for holidays or operating in the Summer Administrative Schedule. The College is open for full-time staff to serve students and employees from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Friday when the college is not closed for holidays or operating in the Summer Administrative Schedule. With the exception of employees whose duties must be on campus, full-time staff may use one working hour each day on Monday through Thursday as remote work time. Remote work time is in addition to any transportation or meal time during the day. Staff are encouraged to use the breaks and meal opportunities offered by this schedule. Staff responsibilities may require an employee to work in the community during day, evening, or weekend activities. Staff responsibilities may require on-campus work at other times that meet the customer service needs or work duties within departments and student success.
- Supervisors of non-exempt employees are required to monitor weekly activities to protect non-exempt employees from overtime abuses.
- Staff may be allowed to have a nontraditional schedule for job-related duties with prior approval from their supervisor and the appropriate area Vice President and as allowed by balancing the needs within departments.
- Staff schedules should be posted by the employee’s office door and on the share drive within the first week of the major semester term.
Revisions: 02/20/2014 (policy); 08/27/2018 (procedures); 02/01/2016 (procedures); 07/20/2021 (procedures)Email Encryption Procedure