Stanly Community College is an equal opportunity educational institution and employer. The College does not practice or condone discrimination in any form against students, employees, or applicants on the grounds of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, or disability consistent with the Assurance of Compliance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1992.
Testing Center Conduct Rule
|Executive Leadership Team||10-14-2015|
Academic dishonesty (cheating) will not be tolerated. Communication with other test takers (inside or outside) while testing (ex. gesturing, signing, talking, etc.) is prohibited. Guidelines governing this can be found in the Student Code of Conduct Policy found on the Stanly Community College Website. Instructors will be notified of suspected or confirmed instances of academic dishonesty. Determining if actions are academic dishonesty infractions is at the discretion of the testing center staff.
- Students must present a photo ID and sign in prior to receiving testing materials.
- Students must schedule testing appointments at least 24-hours in advance.
- All testing will start promptly at the designated appointment time. Late arrivals will not be allowed to test and will need to reschedule their appointment.
- All tests should be scheduled with consideration of Testing Center hours of operation. When scheduling a test, please allow enough time to ensure test completion.
- All electronic devices are to be silenced or powered off prior to receiving testing materials.
- Personal belongings such as bags, cell phones, smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, Bluetooth or wired devices, headphones, textbooks, notebooks, folders, or any other unauthorized items, unless approved by the instructor, are not allowed at the testing stations.
- Do not go into your bags while testing.
- Hats, hoods or sunglasses are prohibited and must be removed prior to entering the Testing Center. (Information regarding a disability or religious reasons, and the need for an exception must be made prior to test administration.)
- The use of calculators, charts, formulas, tables, graph paper, etc. is prohibited unless directed or provided by the student’s instructor. These items may not be shared between or amongst students while taking a test.
- The use of cell phones, textbooks, other books, Internet, notes, flash cards, another person, or any other resource unless specifically stated by the instructor is prohibited. If scrap paper is allowed during testing, it will be provided by the testing center.
- Once testing has started, students are not to leave the testing area unless there is an emergency.
- Once testing is complete or time has expired, all testing materials, including scrap paper, must be returned to testing staff.
- No chewing gum, food or drinks are allowed at the testing stations. (Information regarding a disability or religious reasons, and the need for an exception must be made prior to test administration.)
- The payment of testing fees, if needed, must be made prior to test administration.