Disability Services (ADA)

Disability Services Office (ADA) - The Disability Services Office provides assistance to applicants and currently enrolled students with documented disabilities including physical, psychological, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD), traumatic brain injuries, learning disabilities (LD) and other health concerns. The Disability Services Office is located on the second floor of the Snyder Building. For information about the services available to students with disabilities, please contact the Directory of Counseling and Special Services whose telephone number and email address may be found on the College’s website under Student Resources, Counseling.

Confidentiality -  The College will not share specific information about your disability with anyone, including faculty, without your permission. This is the law and ethical counseling practice. Each student is asked to sign a release that allows the Disability Services Office to exchange information regarding your disability as needed to provide appropriate educational services.

A student has the right not to disclose specific information about his or her disability to instructors. However, the Disability Services Office encourages students to talk to their instructors about their disability when it is appropriate. Information disclosed to the faculty by the student or the Disability Services Office will not be disclosed to any other individual without the student’s approval.

A Consent to Release Disability Information form must be completed and mailed or faxed to the address listed on the document. This document may be downloaded from this site, or a form may be received by mail by contacting the Disability Services Office.

Admission to Stanly Community College -  Persons with disabilities apply and are considered for admission in the same manner as any other applicant. There is no preadmission inquiry regarding disability and no exception to admission policy is made based on any disability.