The course prepares participants to become professional auctioneers licensed in NC. However, there are many other benefits of the course. The team of instructors includes past champions from both North Carolina and South Carolina, as well as the 2010 International Champion, Eli Detweiler, JR. technology specialists, auctioneers, real estate brokers, lawyers, and special topic guests from the local area. The CAA team of 8 instructors is composed of skilled professionals who understand the needs of the adult learner and the auction industry. This combination makes learning both enjoyable and relevant. Classes meet two nights per week to allow students to fully understand the industry.
All of the content required by the North Carolina Auctioneer Licensing Board and the South Carolina Auctioneer Commission will be presented to prepare students to complete the state exams. Also, many effective business related topics are covered and opportunities to practice skills needed to be well prepared to enter the auction marketing arena. Technology is always changing, and the instructors stay current on new uses of technology to add value for the new auctioneer. Hands on practice is provided.
Key elements of the program include:
- Auction Rules and Regulations—Understanding rules and regulations governing the auction profession is a key focus of the program.
- The Chant—The Chant is an important tool for the auctioneer. It is not about talking fast; it is about communication, breathing, and rhythm.
- Auction Math and More—Let the numbers do the talking! Auctioneers deal in numbers in many ways; therefore, understanding basic math, accounting, settlement sheets, and cost analysis are critical for the skilled auctioneer.
- Advertising/Marketing—Product knowledge is one of the skills needed to properly market auctions. The use of technology can assist in reaching the right market and maximizing your marketing dollars.
- Product Knowledge—Such as antiques, rugs, heavy equipment, livestock, automobiles and more
A student auction, which is open to the public, will be conducted to demonstrate skills obtained in class. The student auction is always a fun event and benefits St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital and the SCC foundation.
We offer two classes per year with a maximum of 20 participants register now – you will be glad you did.