Continuing Education offers numerous ways for individuals to maintain career certifications. Examples include: Teachers, Real Estate Brokers, Funeral Home Directors, Locksmiths, Auto Dealers, OBD, and much more.
Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) Course List:
- Auto Dealers Corporate and Professional Education: Annual six-hour class that is required of all independent auto dealers.
- Conversational Spanish: A comprehensive conversational Spanish course that will include basic conversational skills, pronunciation practice, oral role-playing, note taking, and personal feedback.
- Escort Vehicle Course: Required eight-hour course for all persons whose jobs involve hauling and/or leading large loads on public highways.
- Keyboarding: This course introduces students to basic keyboarding skills. Emphasis is placed on correct techniques and the development of speed and accuracy. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate basic keyboarding techniques at an acceptable speed with minimal errors.
- Notary Public Certification: This six-hour course is required for individuals obtaining a North Carolina Commission as a notary public. Students must be 18 years of age, reside or work in North Carolina, and speak and write English. A textbook is required and will be available for purchase at the SCC Bookstore.
- Private Investigators: SCC is an approved sponsor for Private Investigator continuing education – check schedule for courses.
- Sign Language/Sign Language Interpreter: Both basic and advanced levels of training in the skill of sign language usage. May be applied to both personal and professional relationships with the hearing impaired.
|Upcoming Courses||Register Now|
|07/13/2020||Broker Contracts & Closing 302||M T W||4||$125.00|
|Section Name RLS-370302-200|
Comments: This is an ONLINE course using Canvas platform. The new ruling requires all Provisional Brokers to complete all three of their Post-Licensing classes within 18 months - NOT three years. Seated classes could not be provided prior to June 30th per NCREC rules. Tuition $125 per course and the same text is used for all three post-licensing classes.
Instructors: O'Neal, Lovin
Location: Albemarle Campus