|Upcoming Courses||Register Now|
|08/26/2019||Electrical Lineman||M W F||12||$180.00|
|Section Name ELS-301800-300|
Comments: For more information call Garrett Allen at 704-991-0169 or email at email@example.com. Students must purchase Z87 Safety glasses, leather work gloves, and proper climbing boots prior to the first day of class. Tuition is $180, lab fee $108, and $0.50 insurance. Total registration is $288.50. ***The price of the class is subject to change based on funding/budget.
Location: Albemarle Campus
Stanly Community College now offers a training program that will provide students the knowledge and climbing skills necessary to enter into the field of power distribution as an Electrical Lineman. Electrical Lineworker installs or makes repairs to electrical power distribution systems. This is a rewarding career that requires dedicated employees who work well as a team and who like to work outdoors.
Electrical Utility Lineworker and line technicians typically do the following:
- Drive work vehicles to job sites
- Install, maintain, or repair the power lines that move and distribute electricity
- Identify defective devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, and switches
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment
- String power lines between poles and buildings
- Climb poles and use truck-mounted buckets to get to equipment
- Operate power equipment when installing and repairing poles, and lines
- Follow safety standards and procedures
Course topics include:
- Basic elements of electricity
- Overhead pole and electrical line construction
- Safety codes and applications
- Electric power system, transformer and meter installations
- Workzone flagger
- OHSA 10-Hour Construction Training
- CPR/First Aid Training
Upon completion, individuals will possess the necessary skills for employment in various electrical utility industries.
This program will meet for 8 weeks, for a total number of 256 hours.
FALL 2019 CLASS INFORMATION
Twelve weeks, 391 total hours
Start/End Dates: August 26 – November 21, 2019
Meeting Times: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM; Friday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Labs held on Electrical Lineworker Training Field
- Classroom space: M/W/F in Whitley Technology Center, Room 108; T/TH in Snyder Building, Room 228
Cost: $180 Tuition + $108.50 fees = $288.50
Other materials needed: Climbing boots, Z87 safety glasses, leather work gloves
Being a lineworker is physically demanding, so it is important to be in good physical shape
Registration costs are subject to change based on community college funding regulations and requirements.