|Upcoming Courses||Register Now|
|04/15/2020||Electrical Lineworker||M T W TH F||12||$288.50|
|Section Name ELS-301801-200|
Comments: Friday mtg dates ONLY: Apr 17, Apr 24, and May 1; Apr 22 (spring fling) no class 10a-2p; No class May 7-18, May 25, July 2; student provides Z87 safety glasses, leather work gloves, and leather climbing boots.Cost $180.00 tuition plus $108.50 fees = $288.50. Being a lineworker is physically demanding. It's important to be in good physical shape.
Location: Albemarle Campus
|08/24/2020||Electrical Lineworker||M T W TH||16||$288.50|
|Section Name ELS-301801-300|
Comments: Tuition+Fees Subject to Change. Student provides Z87 safety glasses, leather work gloves, and leather climbing boots. Registration $288.50
Location: Albemarle Campus
Stanly Community College now offers a training program that will provide students the knowledge and climbing skills necessary to enter into the field of power distribution as an Electrical Lineworker. Electrical Lineworker installs or makes repairs to electrical power distribution systems. This is a rewarding career that requires dedicated employees who work well as a team and who like to work outdoors.
Electrical Utility Lineworker and line technicians typically do the following:
- Drive work vehicles to job sites
- Install, maintain, or repair the power lines that move and distribute electricity
- Identify defective devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, and switches
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment
- String power lines between poles and buildings
- Climb poles and use truck-mounted buckets to get to equipment
- Operate power equipment when installing and repairing poles, and lines
- Follow safety standards and procedures
Course topics include:
- Basic elements of electricity
- Overhead pole and electrical line construction
- Safety codes and applications
- Electric power system, transformer and meter installations
- Workzone flagger
- OHSA 10-Hour Construction Training
- CPR/First Aid Training
Upon completion, individuals will possess the necessary skills for employment in various electrical utility industries.
This program will meet for 8 weeks, for a total number of 256 hours.
SUMMER 2020 CLASS INFORMATION
Twelve weeks, 381 total hours
Start/End Dates: April 15 – July 15, 2020
Meeting Times: Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM; Fridays only April 17 & 24, and May 1
No classes: May 7-18, May 25 and July 2.
Location: Instruction and Labs held on Electrical Lineworker Training Field
Cost: $180 Tuition + $108.50 fees = $288.50
Other materials required by student: Leather climbing boots, Z87 safety glasses, and leather work gloves.
Being a lineworker is physically demanding, so it is important to be in good physical shape. You will be in extreme weather elements (heat and/or cold) so be prepared.
Contact: Karen Kiker (CE Coordinator/Faculty Associate, AMIT) at (704) 991-0233 or email@example.com or Garrett Allen at (704) 991-0169 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Eagle’s 1-Stop at (704) 991-0123 or email@example.com.
Registration costs are subject to change based on community college funding regulations and requirements.