This course focuses on preparing the student for work in the area of health and fitness, with emphasis on working as a personal trainer. Successful students may gain employment in YMCAs, gyms, fitness centers, or wellness programs. The American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer course is designed to provide students with the information and resources necessary to understand and apply the important concepts required for taking and passing the ACE Personal Trainer Exam.*
- Text and workbook are required and will be available in the SCC Albemarle Campus Bookstore
during semesters when this course is offered
- This course is a blend of face-to-face and online instruction
- High school diploma or GED or Dual Enrollment Form*
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Student is at least 16 years of age
- Physical Activity Readiness Statement – provided after registration
Total hours: 85
For registration assistance, please contact the Eagle's OneStop at 704-991-0123.
Call Dr. Rita Love at (704) 991-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
* Students may take this course without a High School Diploma or GED. However, a High School Diploma or GED is required to take the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.