This course is part of the Stanly Community College Multi-Skilled Nurse Aide Certificate Program. The EKG Technician class is also useful for nurse aides and other healthcare personnel as an add-on skill training. This course is designed to prepare successful completers to take the National Healthcareer Association's Certified EKG Technician Exam.
The class includes an overview of heart anatomy and physiology and provides the opportunity to complete EKG tests on live patients. Students also learn the roles and responsibilities of an EKG technician, how to prepare patients for EKG analysis, and how to recognize abnormalities in EKG strips. American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR is included in the course topics, so that students can earn or renew this credential.
- High school diploma or GED
- Driver’s license or state ID
Total hours: 96
Tuition and Other Costs:
- $185.50 is due at registration (includes tuition, insurance & student fees)
- Textbook ($40) is required and is available online and in the SCC Bookstore during semesters when the course is offered.
- National Healthcareer Association study packet is recommended.
For registration assistance, please contact the Eagle's OneStop at 704-991-0123.
Please call Dr. Rita Love at (704) 991-0328 or email@example.com for additional information.