This course is part of the Stanly Community College Acute Care Nurse Aide Certificate Program. It is designed for nurse aides and other healthcare personnel as an add-on skill training. This course is designed to prepare successful completers to take the National Healthcareer Association's Certified EKG Technician Exam.
It includes an overview of heart anatomy and physiology. Students also learn the roles and responsibilities of an EKG technician, how to prepare patients for EKG analysis, and how to recognize abnormalities in EKG strips.
- Text is required and is available online and in the SCC Bookstore during semesters when the
course is offered.
- National Healthcareer Association study packet is required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Driver’s license or state ID
Total hours: 88
Tuition and Other Costs:
- $198.50 due at registration (includes tuition, insurance & student fees)
- Immunization and Tb clearance - cost varies
For registration assistance, please contact the Eagle's OneStop at 704-991-0123.
Please call Rita Love at (704) 991-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.