This course prepares graduates to provide personal care and perform basic nursing skills such as checking vital signs, bed-making, bathing, dressing, feeding, ambulating, and transferring. The course consists of theory, lab, and clinical hours in a long-term care facility. Upon satisfactory completion of this course, the graduate will receive a Certificate of Completion and be eligible to register for the NNAAP State Exam through NACES. The cost of the exam is $140. Visit http://www.pearsonvue.com for further information on the exam. Upon passing the state exam, the candidate will be eligible to be listed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
- Students must provide a valid photo ID, and social security card.
- Students are required to provide proof of up-to-date immunizations (2 MMR’s, 2 Varicella, Hepatitis B series, and a Tetanus shot within last 10 years strongly recommended)
- TB skin tests are required prior to the start of a student’s clinical experience.
- Flu vaccines are required for all students during flu season (October – March).
- All students are required to undergo a complete criminal background check per clinical agency. More information will be provided as to how to complete this after the start of class.
- Students must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency or be dual enrolled in adult high school/high school equivalency program at SCC or in public high school and 16.5 years or older with a dual enrollment form completed to take class.
- Uniforms consisting of white tops and black pants will be required for clinical.
There is an orientation held before classes begin.
Listed below are course syllabus, handbook, and checklist for the class. These forms are able to be downloaded and printed for you to bring to orientation.
Classes are offered in January, May, and August.
Must have a minimum of 8 students registered to hold class. If class is cancelled due to low enrollment those registered will be notified via their Stanly Community College e-mail. If class is cancelled a full refund will be processed and mailed to you from the SCC Business Office.
Total course hours: 179
Registration fee is $203.50. This is due in full at the time of registration.
Criminal background check fee of $40-$50 payable to API as a money order. Money orders are not needed until after the start of class.
Required textbooks may be purchased from the SCC Bookstore. Expected cost is $125.
Additional cost includes uniforms and required vaccines.
For registration assistance, please contact the Eagle’s OneStop at 704-991-0123.
Please contact Anissa Chapman at 704-991-0342 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
NA-I Program Checklist