|Upcoming Courses||Register Now|
Stanly Community College now offers a Digital Photography Certificate Program which is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills necessary to work either independently or assisting professionals in various areas of photography.
Students will receive training in the photographic techniques specific to portraiture, commercial, and photojournalism. Course work will include in-depth study of location techniques, lighting, digital imaging, retouching, and layout design. Additional topics include the study of photographing news, sports, features, and photo stories.
Upon successfully completing the three semester certificate program, the student should be able to:
- Control manual exposure settings
- Be proficient in digital photography workflow and Digital Asset Management
- Utilize lighting equipment
- Demonstrate competency in variety of shooting situations.
- Develop a professional portfolio
The Photography Certificate program consists of the following courses:
- Introduction to Digital Photography
- Advanced Photography
- Adobe Photoshop CC for Digital Photographers
- Photography Destination
- Photography Practicum
- Visual Storytelling & Portfolio Design
Textbooks and Digital SLR required.