University Transfer


The University Transfer degrees at SCC are the only fully transferable degrees that can be your bridges to the university.  With University Transfer degrees you can easily transition to NC universities and most private colleges to achieve your professional dreams.

You can earn freshman and sophomore-level general education credits towards your bachelor's degree.  At SCC, you can take university-equivalent courses taught by qualified, caring faculty and save a lot of money! Additionally, class sizes are small and friendly; you won't be just a number at SCC. Classes are offered in seated (hybrid) and online formats, so you can fit a transfer degree into your busy schedule. Our success coaches and faculty care about you and are ready to help you achieve your academic and professional dreams.

LINK HERE to find your mentor, counselor or success coach

For more information about the University Transfer Program, contact:

Success Coaches (for advising and registration assistance), Room 201, Snyder:

Casey Covington,  Associate in Arts, Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation, and Associate in Arts: Business Administration, 704.991.0124


Dr. Elizabeth Lackey, Associate in Science, and Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation, 704.991.0359


University Transfer Program Head:

Claudia Gresham, 704.991.0307,


What is University Transfer and how does a transfer degree work?

Associate Degrees in Arts or Science: How They Work

How do I know what to major in?
Career exploration
Mentor faculty

How do I know what classes to take?
Associate in Arts - Checklist/Course sequence
Associate in Science - Checklist/Course sequence
Associate in Arts: Business Administration Degree
University Major Pathways/Transfer Degree Plans

UNC System Data Dashboard (research your university and major here)


 How do I transfer?

College Foundation of North Carolina Transfer Navigator
Transfer student checklist

How do I get involved?
College/University Transfer Club
Other Clubs
Other helpful information for students and parents


The transfer of credits between a NC community college or NC university to SCC is governed by a Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA). If you believe the terms of the CAA have not been honored by SCC you may appeal our decision through the CAA Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure.