“As a 30+ year old married, mother of two children and full-time police officer, I found that I wanted to return to school to complete my degree. With my busy everyday life, I needed a program that was convenient, on-line, and suitable to my needs. I heard several of my co-workers were attending Stanly Community College so I inquired about the Criminal Justice Program.
I met with an advisor who was able to give me course credit for my on-the-job training/experience and the advisor got me enrolled the same day. The process was smooth, and I began my classes the upcoming semester. I found that the on-line classes covered the course material and still challenged me to learn. The college utilized Moodle for the on-line courses. Moodle was easy to navigate. The instructors were always very helpful and easy to contact.
In the fall of 2012, I finished my last class and obtained my degree. My personal experience with the Criminal Justice Program at Stanly Community College has been nothing short of excellent, and I am a proud graduate. I recommend the program to anyone, but especially to those who lead very busy lives.” ~ Sergeant Shannon Huntley, Monroe Police Department.
No More Excuses
- The SCC online CJ program could not be any more convenient. Where else can you take an exam, in the comfort of your own home, while in your favorite PJ's with your dog on your lap?
- The SCC online CJ program is compatible with any busy lifestyle. No excuses!
- Who said you can't earn your degree while spending quality time with your family? I have taken exams and submitted homework assignments while on vacation.
- The SCC Online CJ Program is steered towards that individual who wants to start or finish their degree but they feel like they just absolutely have no time to spare.
- Going back to school to finish my degree was one of the best decisions I ever made. No regrets except...I wish I would have known how convenient the SCC online program was. I would have done this years ago.
~ Officer Jody Harkey, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department