Child Care Assistance
The North Carolina Community College Child Care Grant Program is available to eligible students with children ages birth to Pre-K. The grant pays up to $24 per day to assist student-parents with the financial responsibilities for child care expenses so they may stay enrolled and complete their educational goals.
- Apply for Admission to SCC and be admitted to a curriculum program of study.
- Hold a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must attend all classes.
- Must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA and be enrolled as at least a half-time student (6 or more credit hours).
- Preference is given to students with a seated class schedule
- Must be a North Carolina resident.
- Must not be receiving other assistance for child care.
How to Apply:
Complete the Child Care Grant application below and return it to the SCC Financial Aid Office.
- 2022-2023 Child Care Grant Application (Fall 2022, Spring 2023, Summer 2023)
Have the licensed/registered Child Care Facility of your choice complete and return the W-9 form to our office.
Search for licensed/registered Child Care Facilities in your area.