After the FAFSA: What's Next
1. Completed the SCC Admission Application?
Yes - Go to Step #2
2. Set up your student email account and checked for a financial aid notification email?
Yes - Go to step #3
No - Access your email account by logging into your MyPage at www.stanly.edu on the SCC website and choose Email - Student (Gmail).
Contact Tech Support at email@example.com or call (704) 991-0222 if assistance is needed in setting up your email and/or password.
3. Checked your student Email account or Self-Service account for required documents and submitted them to Financial Aid?
Yes - Go to step #4
No - Log in to Self-Service - choose "Financial Aid" and review the checklist for missing documents. Any forms needed are available on the SCC Financial Aid Webpage under Financial Aid Forms. Click here to go to Self-Service
4. Received an award letter from the SCC Financial Aid Office?
Yes - Go to step #5
No - Contact the Financial Aid Office to check your status via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-991-0302.
5. Met with your Success Coach and registered for classes?
Yes - Go to step #6
No - You are able to see the list of Success Coaches under Current Students then Advising/Success Coach at www.stanly.edu Another option is to contact the Eagle’s One Stop at email@example.com or call 704-991-0123 for assistance.
6. Checked the Financial Aid Calendar for book charge dates?
Yes - Books can be purchased during these book charge dates. The Bookstore staff will assist you in getting the required books. You will need to provide your student ID number and class schedule if using financial aid.
No - Refer to the calendar on SCC's homepage (tab at top of page) searching for Financial Aid; contact the Financial Aid Office or the Bookstore for specific dates.