After the FAFSA: What's Next
1. Completed the SCC Admission Application?
Yes - Go to Step #2
2. Set up your student email account and checked for a financial aid notification email?
Yes - Go to step #3
No - Access your email account by logging into your MyPage at www.stanly.edu on the SCC website and choose Email - Student (Gmail).
Click "Need Help" for instructions on how to set up the account with your SCC username and password. Contact Eagle’s One Stop at email@example.com or call 704-991-0123 if assistance is needed in setting up your email.
3. Checked your student Email account or Self-Service account for required documents and submitted them to Financial Aid?
Yes - Go to step #4
No - Open your SCC Student Email account or log in to Self-Service - choose "Required Documents" and check for missing documents. Any forms needed are available on the SCC Financial Aid Webpage under Financial Aid Forms. Click here to go to Self-Service
4. Received an award letter from the SCC Financial Aid Office?
Yes - Go to step #5
No - Contact the Financial Aid Department to check your status via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; call 704-991-0302 or use the Chat Online feature.
5. Met with your advisor and registered for classes?
Yes - Go to step #6
No - Login to MyPage at www.stanly.edu to determine who your advisor is and contact them to schedule an appointment. Contact Eagle’s One Stop at email@example.com or call 704-991-0123 if assistance is needed in finding or contacting your advisor.
6. Checked the Financial Aid Calendar for book charge dates?
Yes - Books can be purchased during these book charge dates. The Bookstore staff will assist you in getting the required books. You will need to provide your student ID number and class schedule if using financial aid.
No - View book charge dates.