NORTH CAROLINA LONGLEAF COMMITMENT GRANT
ELIGIBLE 2021 NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES WILL HAVE THEIR TUITION AND FEES COVERED AT STANLY COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR UP TO TWO YEARS
The Longleaf Commitment is a grant program for 2020, 2021 or 2022 North Carolina high school graduates who will attend Stanly Community College starting in the Fall 2021, Spring 2022 or the Fall 2022 semester respectively. High school graduates may be eligible to receive this grant – not a loan – to cover tuition and fees toward a degree or to attain transfer credit. Full-time eligible students are guaranteed to receive $700 to $2,800 per academic year, for two years. Less than full-time students may receive a partial award. The Longleaf Commitment Grant ends at the conclusion of the 2024 spring semester.
- Graduate from a North Carolina high school in 2020, 2021 or 2022.
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes.
- Be a first-time college student [Career & College Promise (CCP) and Early/Middle College High School students are eligible].
- Enroll in a curriculum program during the 2021-22 academic year.
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from $0 - $15,000 (“EFC” is based upon a student’s FAFSA determination).
- Renew the FAFSA and meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements of the college.
- Award may not exceed Cost of Attendance.