(Associate Degree, Diploma and Certificates)
SCC Institutional Scholarships 2020-2021
Stanly Community College is pleased to offer institutional scholarships to help cover educational related costs for our students. The amount of each scholarship varies with funding being limited and subject to change. Scholarships are awarded for one (1) academic year and students are required to reapply each year.
- Anticipated enrollment for 2020-2021 academic year, a minimum of six (6) credit hours per semester.
- Students must be academically progressing if currently enrolled at SCC or considered a new student.
To Apply: Institutional Scholarship Application
Priority Deadline: April 15, 2020
Applications must include a Letter of Recommendation from a non-family member to be considered complete. The letter should be submitted to the SCC Financial Aid Office by mail, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 704-991-0160.
Golden Leaf Scholarship 2019-2020
The Golden Leaf Foundation provides scholarships of up to $750 during one term for curriculum degree seeking students. The scholarship funds are limited to tuition, books, fees, supplies, credential testing fees for mid-skills training courses, and childcare services and transportation necessary to fulfill student educational requirements. You must be a resident of one of the qualifying Eligible Counties and be enrolled in or plan to enroll in one of the participating community colleges in North Carolina.
Deadline: May 11, 2020 (Summer 2020)
Criteria: Applicant must complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA
To Apply: Golden Leaf Application
Please return the application to Adam Foster
OCCUPATIONAL EXTENSION SCHOLARSHIPS
(Continuing Education Courses)
SCC OE Scholarship 2019-2020
Stanly Community College is pleased to offer scholarships to our Occupational Extension students to help cover educational costs. The amount of each scholarship is limited to no more than $150 per person, with limited funding. Scholarships are awarded for only one Occupational Extension class.
- Candidate must be unemployed.
- Candidate must not be eligible for or receiving any other form of financial assistance for education.
- Application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
Priority Deadline: One week before start of class.
To Apply: SCC OE Application - Please return the completed application and letter of recommendation to Melissa Preslar.
OE Golden Leaf Scholarship 2019-2020
The Golden Leaf Foundation provides scholarships of up to $250 during one term for occupational continuing education students enrolled in a credentialing program of at least 96 hours. The scholarship funds are limited to tuition, books, fees, supplies, credential testing fees for mid-skills training courses, and childcare services and transportation necessary to fulfill student educational requirements. You must be a resident of one of the qualifying Eligible Counties and be enrolled in or plan to enroll in one of the participating community colleges in North Carolina.
Deadline: January 15, 2020
*Must reside in eligible county
*Provide 2018 adjusted gross income
*Be enrolled in credentialing program of at least 96 hours.
To Apply: Golden Leaf Application (to be printed and returned to Adam Foster in the SCC Financial Aid Office)
2019-2020 SECU Bridge to Career Program - Workforce Development Scholarship
The SECU scholarships are need-based, but do not require FAFSA documentation. If selected as a recipient of this scholarship, your scholarship monies will be available after completion of your training course.
Eligible OE Training Programs: Electrical Lineman, CNA1, CNA2, Carolina Auction Academy
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident.
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployment insurance claimants, unemployed & underemployed adults, members of the NC National Guard, or military veterans & spouses. Note: Underemployed will be defined as individuals earning 200% below the federal poverty level. Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program that leads to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential that is offered through Continuing Education.
- Not be a Director, employee or family member of an employee of the State Employee's Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
- Applicant must be completing their training program in Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 to be eligible.
To Apply: SECU ConEd Scholarship Application
Outside Agency Scholarships
Michelin Technical Scholars Program
Michelin offers opportunities for select students to develop hands-on work experience while earning their degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or Mechatronics. Scholars receive funds to cover the cost of tuition, fees and books for their program of study along with part-time work and competitive pay.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a EET or Mechatronics program at a technical/community college
- Have and maintain at minimum 2.5 GPA
- Be able to work at least 20 hours per week at Michelin during the program
- Demonstrate strong math, science, reading and comprehension skills
- Pass a pre-employment test
To Apply: Contact Marcus Pryor at SCC via email at email@example.com or call 704-991-0278.
WIOA "Trails of Opportunities" Program
The Lumbee Regional Development Association, Inc., Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act Program (WIOA) is funded by the Division of Indian and Native American Programs in the Department of Labor. The WIOA program, is designed to enhance the employment and training activities for American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian individuals. The program also works to fully develop the academic, occupational and literacy skills of eligible individuals which are necessary to be competitive in the workforce; and to provide services in accordance with the goals and value of the communities in which they live.
To Apply: Contact Troy Hunt via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 980-949-7352