Provides part-time employment to currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students at SCC.
- Apply for Admission to SCC and be admitted to a curriculum program of study.
- Hold a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Demonstrate financial need by the completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply Here.
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress. Click here for more information.
- NOT be in default on a Federal loan.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Provides an average of 10-20 hours/week of work.
- Awarded FWS funds are limited by availability of positions and available funds.
- Students are paid one month behind, on the last working day of each month. Students must turn in signed timesheets by the 5th of each month in order to get paid.
The application process for those interested in the Federal Work-Study program is to sign into the Purple Briefcase Career Platform using your SCC username and password. Then, update your online profile and upload your resume. *Resumes are required when applying for open positions.
Once your online profile is updated, you can search for jobs by selecting the "My Jobs" tab. From there, narrow down your search by choosing an "Advanced Search" and selecting "Work Study." Click on any jobs you are interested in to view the descriptions and apply.
Access Purple Briefcase Career Platform here: Purple Briefcase Career Platform
All vacant Federal Work-Study positions will be advertised via the SCC Job Portal. Students will select the link titled "Browse Jobs" and type in “Work Study” within the Keyword Filter in order to view a complete listing of part time positions available to eligible students under the Federal Work-Study program.
FWS Supervisors will look through all applicants and contact students for an interview.