Provides part-time employment to currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students at SCC.
- Apply for Admission to SCC and be admitted to a curriculum program of study.
- Hold a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Demonstrate financial need by the completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply Here.
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress. Click here for more information.
- NOT be in default on a Federal loan.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Provides an average of 10-20 hours/week of work.
- Awarded FWS funds are limited by availability of positions and available funds.
- Students are paid one month behind, on the last working day of each month. Students must turn in signed timesheets by the 5th of each month in order to get paid.
The application process for those interested in the Federal Work-Study program is to sign into the online SCC Job Portal and create an account.
In order to set-up an account students should do the following:
- Go to https://jobs.stanly.edu/
- Click on “Student Login”.
- Enter student’s current SCC User Name and Password to log in.
- Complete Student Registration Form and select you are interested in SCC Work Study.
- Upload a current resume by using the tab at the top of the SCC Job Portal homepage.
All vacant Federal Work-Study positions will be advertised via the SCC Job Portal. Students will select the link titled "Browse Jobs" and type in “Work Study” within the Keyword Filter in order to view a complete listing of part time positions available to eligible students under the Federal Work-Study program.
FWS Supervisors will look through all applicants and contact students for an interview.