Coordinator, Virtual Simulation Hospital
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
To assume responsibility and accountability for the coordination and education of virtual simulation experiences offered through Stanly Community College. The individual in this position will be responsible for the effective day-to-day operation of virtual technology, meeting program and student needs, and coordinating with virtual ICU staff to ensure continuing education opportunities are available for virtual critical (VCC) nurses. This is a staff position that reports the AVP of Health Sciences and Public Services.
- Current RN license in the state of North Carolina
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Two years of experience with medical simulation systems, equipment, and/or virtual technology
- Certified ACLS and BLS instructor
· Master’s Degree in education/training, or medical technology discipline
· Five Years of clinical experience
· Five Years of educational/training experience
· Certified PALS instructor
- Collaborate with virtual ICU to plan and schedule SCC health science student experiences
- Establish plan for virtual staff nurses to earn continuing education hours by assisting with student simulation experiences
- Coordinate ACLS and BLS courses for Virtual ICU staff members
- Coordinate the day-to-day Virtual Sim Hospital activities and services to ensure availability of equipment and materials for student, instructor and virtual ICU staff use.
- Provide a basic orientation to simulators, virtual equipment, and the simulated learning environment for faculty and virtual ICU staff.
- Communicate in a positive, professional manner with Virtual ICU staff, faculty instructors, students and other users of the Simulation Center.
- Responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of all simulation equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge on the use and operation of all simulation and virtual technology equipment by participating in technical training as necessary; attend off-site training to stay current with simulation technology.
- Identifies resources necessary for the successful operation of clinical simulation hospital.
- Participates and represents Stanly Community College at simulation related group meetings at the local, state and national levels
- Order repairs and maintenance as necessary to keep all resources functional.
- Maintain operational manuals with policies and procedures.
- Promote safe lab practices by ensuring that the Sim Hospital is neat, well organized, and free of unnecessary clutter and that adequate space is available for Sim Hospital use.
- Developing, implementing and updating virtual simulation lab policies, procedures and use.
- Assure simulation equipment is in good working condition prior to the start of all simulations; troubleshoot all simulation equipment.
- Maintaining operational virtual equipment and recommending replacements as needed.
- Works with vendors to resolve problems with products and/or services, manages vendor selection, implements new technology and provides technical support and advice.
Minimum starting salary is $37,096. Salary offered will be based upon credentials and experience.
NOTE: Only candidates that submit all the required documents will be considered. The required documents are resume, cover letter, and transcripts from every college from which a degree has been obtained. Documents should be uploaded during the application process.