Adjunct Instructor, Art
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Teach courses as assigned, stay current on research in subject issues and industry trends, evaluate student progress, and develop instructional plans. Review and request new materials, maintain records, and prepare a variety of reports as requested.
· Master’s degree in subject area or master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Art.
· Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and facilitative practices
· Teaching experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Teach online and/or seated Art 111 (Art Appreciation) and Art 115 (Art History II) courses as assigned each semester and keep accurate attendance records.
· Create, administer, grade, and maintain records for students in each course.
· Participate in the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audio-visual aids, and equipment needs.
· Participate in student recruitment.
· Advise/coach students as they progress in the course.
· Attend meetings, conferences, and training sessions as required.
· Develop and/or revise course outlines, lesson plans, tests and other instructional materials as needed.
Salary offered will be based on credentials and experience.