GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Perform a variety of routine cleaning functions in assigned buildings; assist in the maintenance of grounds and facilities. Must have valid NC Driver’s License.
· High School Diploma
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ability to stand, walk, bend, and crouch.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Possession of a valid NC driver’s license
· Ability to work a flexible schedule for College events and times of inclement weather
· Sweep, mop, and vacuum in assigned buildings.
· Clean restrooms, offices, labs, and classrooms and replenish janitorial supplies.
· Dust and polish furniture, clean windowsills, and door moldings.
· Clean chalkboards and trays.
· Empty trash containers and remove trash to designated areas for disposal.
· Maintain security of assigned keys; lock and unlock doors in accordance with a schedule.
· Shampoo carpets.
· Assist with snow and ice removal from steps and walkways.
· Replace light bulbs.
· Assist in grounds maintenance activities; participate in minor repairs, preventive maintenance, changing air filters and painting.
· Strip and wash floors in halls and classrooms.
· Assist faculty and staff in set-up of tables, chairs, and the preparation of facilities for meetings and special events.
· Serve on various college committees as required or assigned.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Salary offered will be based on credentials and experience.