Voting is one of the most important rights and responsibilities of U.S. Citizens. Register to vote today!
To register to vote in a North Carolina county, a person must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a resident of North Carolina.
- Prior to voting, must be a resident of the county for at least 30 days prior to election day.
- Must be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election.
- Must rescind any previous registration in another county or state.
- If previously convicted of a felony, the person’s citizenship rights must be restored (must not be serving an active sentence, including probation or parole).
To vote in North Carolina a person must be registered. For detailed information on how to register and get an application, please click on the links below.
- Registering to vote in North Carolina
- North Carolina Voter Registration Application
- NCPIRG's New Voters Online Tool
It is our goal to ensure that every student on campus has the chance to register to vote.