Languages and Scripting Class Descriptions
Programming Essentials with Python
This course is designed to introduce students to aspects of developing a computer program including the analysis of code and logic, correct and execute programs, and apply effective programming techniques to prepare business solutions. At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Setup a programming environment.
- Describe key terminology associated with programming languages.
- Describe logic and flow control used in programming.
- Describe components of a programming language.
- Develop custom scripts to solve business problems.
By the end of the course, student:
- Thinks algorithmically and can analyze a problem using a programmatic conceptual apparatus;
- Can choose a data type adequate to the problem being solved and use suitable flow control means;
- Can interpret and handle basic exceptions related to errors in program execution
- Understands a programmer's work in the software development process and the role of fundamental development tools;
- Knows how a program is interpreted and executed in an actual computer environment, local or remote;
- Can create and develop their own programming portfolio;
Introduction to Windows PowerShell
This course is for beginning level Windows systems administrators, Windows Power Users and Windows Desktop Support individuals. It covers the fundamentals of the PowerShell environment. It will lay the groundwork and foundation for more advanced PowerShell skills. You will learn about the object-oriented nature of PowerShell and how to leverage these fundamentals to help you on your way to being a true power user and power administrator. These are the topics that will be covered.
- CLI file management
- Using the help system
- Running commands
- Working with providers
- The pipeline: connecting commands
- Objects: data by another name
- The pipeline, deeper
- Formatting - and why it's done on the right
- Filtering and comparisons
- Using Windows Management Instrumentation and CIM
- Multitasking with background jobs
- Working with many objects, one at a time
- Security alert!
- Variables: a place to store your stuff
- Outputs & Displays
- PS Remoting with Sessions
- PS Remoting with Sessions Deeper
- You call this scripting?
- Improving your parameterized script