Stanly Community College has been approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency to offer degrees, diplomas and certificates to those students eligible to receive VA Educational Benefits.
- Assistance with applying for veteran educational benefits
- Information and assistance with applying for financial aid (in addition to VA educational benefits)
- Certifying VA education benefits
- Referrals and assistance in accessing counseling, disability services, tutoring and other college resources
- At SCC, we understand that your educational journey may not be traditional. In addition to seated classes, we offer completely online programs to complete an associate’s degree, diploma, or certificate. Whether you choose to take one class, seated classes or complete an entire degree online, SCC has many educational opportunities.
In-State Tuition and fees are available to "covered individuals" which are defined as:
- A Veteran who lives in North Carolina (where SCC is located) regardless of his/her formal state of residence.
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits who lives in North Carolina and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship who lives in North Carolina.
NOTE: This determination is handled at the school level, therefore covered individuals need to contact the SCC Admissions office to insure that in-state tuition is being applied. SCC does not require any additional provisions for in-state tuition for covered individuals.
38 USC 3679(e) of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 prohibits schools from imposing financial penalties for 90 days after the certification of tuition and fees for Chapter 31 and 33 students who submit a Certification of Eligibility to the institution. Financial penalties, including late fees or financial registration holds, are not assessed during this period. Chapter 31 and 33 students are responsible for any applicable late fee or financial registration hold if financial obligations are not met after the 90 day period due to a delayed disbursement of VA funds or an outstanding balance.
Program Costs. Individual educational program costs can be determined by clicking the Gainful Employment Disclosure link under the program name within the "Requirements" section.
To see our list of our programs, please visit Programs of Study.
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet is a model offer letter that can be viewed through the student's Self-Service account or a paper copy can be provided upon request through the SCC Financial Aid Office.
Prospective Student Resources
College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
Paying for College is a webpage which can be used to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information.
To apply for admission to SCC – SCC Admission Application
To apply for financial aid – FAFSA Application
Questions regarding the Military Service Educational benefits should be directed to the School Certifying Officials who are located in the Financial Aid Office.
SCC School Certifying Officials: