Stanly Community College’s Career Services helps students and alumni explore career possibilities, learn job search strategies and find rewarding jobs.
Students can independently complete the assessments below independently and schedule a meeting to discuss the results with a member of SCC's Counseling Department.
- NCCareers.org: https://nccareers.org (Career Assessments available under “Find My Interests” tab)
- O*NET® Career Exploration Tools - https://www.onetcenter.org/tools.html
Career Assessments and Inventories, Resume Writing, Interview Skills
These meetings can be beneficial for students who need help developing plans to achieve their career goals and assistance with the following:
- “I don’t know what to major in.”
- “I know what I want to major in, but have no idea what I want to do once I graduate.”
- “I need help with a resume and/or cover letter.”
- “I need to take a career assessment to find out what career field I might be suited for.”
- Any issues relating to career and/or educational issues
A counselor will not tell you what to do, what you should major in, or what career to pursue. Career Planning can be a process, so be prepared for multiple meetings and discussions to form a successful path.
Resumes can be submitted for counselor review through the SCC Career Connect link on this page.
SCC Career Connect
SCC Career Connect is currently unavailable. Please forgive us while our technology platform is under construction. SCC continues to work through upgrades to improve the system and services we provide to our students and the community. If you have any questions, please contact:
Director, External Relations
Director, Counseling & Special Services
Dean of Students & Career Placement
Patterson Building, Room 109
Crutchfield, Room 108