Palo Alto Networks Academy Class Descriptions
Get Palo Alto Networks certified with classes at Stanly Community College's IT Academy (SCC/ITA).
Palo Alto Networks Education Training from Stanly Community College delivers the knowledge and expertise to prepare you to protect our way of life in the digital age. SCC/ITA offers these courses under the umbrella of Continuing Education. These fast-paced courses are conducted online. All course materials, assessments, and labs are available through our online learning management system. Students have access to top of the line instruction and equipment. We are currently teaching the 10.0 version of the Palo Alto Networks curriculum.
Palo Alto Firewall: Install, Configure, & Manage
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to configure and manage Palo Alto Networks® next-generation firewalls. Students will have hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring a firewall within a controlled lab environment.
The Palo Alto Networks Firewall 10.0 Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210) course is 8 weeks of instructor-led online training that will enable you to:
- Configure and manage the essential features of Palo Alto Networks® next generation firewalls.
- Configure and manage GlobalProtect to protect systems that are located outside of the data center perimeter.
- Configure and manage firewall high availability.
- Monitor network traffic using the interactive web interface and firewall reports.
The course is structured to progress through the following modules:
- Module 1: Platform and Architecture
- Module 2: Initial Firewall Configuration
- Module 3: Firewall Configuration
- Module 4: Firewall Administrator Accounts
- Module 5: Connecting Security Zones
- Module 6: Security Policies
- Module 7: NAT Policies
- Module 8: Application Identity
- Module 9: Security Profiles
- Module 10: URL Filtering
- Module 11: Wildfire
- Module 12: User Identity
- Module 13: Encrypted Traffic
- Module 14: Logs and Reports
- Module 15: What's Next
To ensure you are contacted when these classes are offered, please add your information to our online waitlist for the course you wish to take. Just choose Palo Alto Firewall: Install, Configure, & Manage from the drop-down menu “Select Class”.