Career & College Promise
What is Career and College Promise (CCP)?
- CCP offers tuition free college courses that can lead to college credits and/or certificates and job training.
- Students may enroll in college transfer or career pathways depending upon future plans.
- College transfer pathways can lead up to 30 hours of college transfer credits.
- Career and Technical Education Pathways lead to credits used towards certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
- Students may be enrolled in one college transfer pathway and one career pathway.
Who can participate?
- High school juniors and seniors.
- With a 2.8 unweighted GPA or higher OR qualifying test scores (SAT, ACT, Pre-ACT, PSAT). To view qualifying test score requirements, select “State guidelines for qualifying” link below, select CCP operating procedures tab and then go to page 23.
- This information is for College Transfer Pathways. Please contact SCC for Career Pathway information.
- State guidelines for qualifying
Where do the classes meet?
- Courses are offered both online and seated for scheduling convenience.
- To help accommodate high school scheduling, SCC offers late-start courses in 14-week format.
What are the benefits?
- CCP allows you to earn college credits while in high school.
- This will save you money on college tuition (CCP classes are tuition-free).
- CCP helps gain college credits in order for your student to finish his/her college journey sooner.
- Classes taken through Stanly Community College introduce students to the college experience and help them be more prepared upon entering the university setting.
- If a university is not the right fit for your student, CCP can help him/her get a jump start on his/her career plans or help him/her attain job training, skills, and certifications.
How do I get started?
- For Stanly County high school and Stanly Academy students, contact Steve Cumming at (704) 991-0139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For private high school and homeschool students, contact Beth Hopkins, 704-991-0137, email@example.com or Tammi McIlwaine, 704-991-0314, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the CCP Application