Who can participate in the Career and College Promise program?
- High school juniors and seniors
- With a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Who are deemed college ready by test scores (SAT, ACT, PLAN, PSAT) or by their high schools
- College Transfer Pathways (AA/AS/ADN) require a 3.00 GPA and qualifying test score requirements. To view qualifying test score requirements, select “State guidelines for qualifying” link below, select CCP operating procedures tab and then go to page 23.
- College Transfer Pathways Provisional qualification (AA/AS/ADN). A student who does not demonstrate college readiness on qualifying test score requirements may enter the Transfer pathway provisionally with a 3.50 GPA. The provision is that the student first takes and successfully completes ENG-111 and MAT-143, MAT-152 OR MAT-171 (AA) OR MAT-171 (AS) before attempting other pathway courses. To view more on this, select “State guidelines for qualifying” link below and refer to page 9 for operating procedures for provisional status.
- This information is for College Transfer Pathways, Please contact SCC for Career Pathway information
- State guidelines for qualifying
What is Stanly Community College's Career and College Promise program?
- CCP offers tuition free college courses that can lead to college credits and/or certificates and job training
- Students may enroll in college transfer or career pathways depending upon future plans
- College transfer pathways can lead up to 30 hours of college transfer credits
- Career and Technical Education Pathways lead to credits used towards certificates, diplomas, and degrees
- Students may be enrolled in one college transfer pathway and one one career pathway
Where do the classes meet?
- Courses are offered both online and seated for scheduling convenience
- To help accommodate high school scheduling, SCC offers late-start courses in 12-week format
What are the benefits of the Career and College Promise program at SCC?
- CCP allows you to earn college credits while in high school
- This will save you money on college tuition (CCP classes are tuition-free)
- CCP helps gain college credits in order for your student to finish his/her college journey sooner
- Classes taken through Stanly Community College introduce students to the college experience and help them be more prepared upon entering the university setting
- If a university is not the right fit for your student, CCP can help him/her get a jump start on his/her career plans or help him/her attain job training, skills, and certifications
How do I get started?
- To get started with CCP, contact your child's high school guidance counselor, Lorie Narolewski at (704) 991-0353 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Steve Cumming at (704) 991-0139 or email@example.com for more information.
- Complete the CCP Application
Stanly Community College Pathways
- College Transfer - for those who hope to eventually attain a four-year degree.
- Career & Technical - for those who hope to pursue a career-based diploma, certificate, or training.
|Associates in Arts||Associates in Science||ADN Transfer|
Career and Technical Pathways