The Information Technology Cybersecurity Curriculum is designed to prepare graduates for employment in Information Technology related areas such as network security, digital forensics, and ethical hacking.
Coursework in this program will include network and security foundation, data recovery techniques, network vulnerability assessments, as well as windows and security administrations. Linux, Microsoft and Apple operating systems will be used intensively during students’ enrollment.
Graduates should qualify for employment in entry-level positions as cybersecurity specialists, cybersecurity analysts, cyber incident responders and information assurance specialists. Graduates will be well positioned to obtain the following industry standard certifications: Security +, Cyberops, CySA+ (Cyber Security Analyst) and CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker).
Students will learn the following skill set:
- Identify common cybersecurity threats
- Use cyber technology to develop protective measures for systems
- Configure, manage and secure network equipment and services
- Configure and manage client/server operating systems
- Design, coordinate, evaluate and deliver cybersecurity solutions
- Demonstrate advanced software skills in industry-specific software
- Utilize security tools and processes to perform an investigation
- Apply cryptography to cybersecurity models and methods