Go to CFNC and apply to the “Alternative NC Teaching Licensure: NCCCS Cultivating Carolina Classrooms" and look for Stanly Community College.
Detailed Application Instructions:
1. Students will need to visit cfnc.org.
2. Create an account. You can do this through “Sign In.” Information required is basic name, address, email, etc.
3. Click on “Apply to College.”
4. Go to “Application Hub.”
5. Click on “Start an Application.”
(Note: The application will prompt you for a Residency Certification #; just click on the link provided in the application. Use the same login and password for your CFNC account. This process is to verify your NC residency status so that you receive in-state tuition and only takes a few minutes. Have your driver’s license # and your social security # ready.)
6. The second campus option is “Alternative NC Teaching Licensure: NCCS Cultivating Carolina Classrooms”; select "NCCCS Residency Licensure Program." You will specifically select Stanly Community College later in the application process.
7. Click “Apply.”
8. When you arrive at the field for “Educator Prep Program,” you will be asked to select your top three community college options. Please select “Stanly Community College” as your first option.
9. Complete application information.
10. You will be contacted by a representative from the NC Community College System Office with your next steps.