Emergency Fund Program
Stanly Community College Foundation, via donations from faculty, staff, and the community, makes available limited funds to assist regularly enrolled students with nonacademic financial emergencies.
- The applicant must be a curriculum student(including Career and College Promise students) that is currently enrolled in at least half-time, or 6 credit hours, at SCC and and attending classes in the semester of the request. Requests from occupational education students will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- The student’s request for assistance needs to be directly related to what is necessary and appropriate for the student to be successful in completing their academic studies during current enrollment.
- The student should be the actual person responsible for paying the requested bill (not a student requesting the emergency fund to pay for another person or for another family member). Multiple requests from the same household will not be considered.
- Students must complete the SCC Foundation Emergency Fund Request form.If request is for past due bill, the student must provide a copy of the bill. Students should allow at least five business days for processing after submitting the form.The bill must be currently dated and past due or within a week of becoming past due.
- Request for assistance will need to come from the following categories: utility bills (power, heating & water), rent, internet, and insurance, and expenses for required equipment/items for specialty programs.
- College and Career Promise students may only request funds to cover class expenses not covered by another source.
Amount of Award
Amount of assistance will not exceed $300.00 per calendar year.
To apply: Emergency Fund Application
Email the completed application to Sarah Morton at email@example.com.