Child Care Assistance Program
The intent of the NC Community College Child Care Grant Program is to assist student-parents with the financial responsibilities for childcare expenses so they may stay enrolled and complete their educational goals.
- Be enrolled in a Stanly Community College curriculum program of study.
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the SCC Child Care Grant application.
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 or more credit hours.
- Be a North Carolina resident.
- Not receiving other assistance for childcare.
Childcare Provider Requirements:
A childcare provider is a person, business or organization that provides childcare services to its clients or customers. For example: Licensed daycare, Unlicensed childcare provider, student-parents’ parent, etc.
- Complete and return a W-9 formto the SCC Financial Aid office.
- Complete and return SCC Childcare contract along with a Tuition Statement.
- Submit monthly invoices for payment.
- The grant awards up to $44 per day.
- Payment is made directly to the childcare provider.
- No advance payments.
Complete the SCC Child Care Grant application below and return it to the SCC Financial Aid office.
Child Care Grant Application (Fall and Spring)
Contact Melissa Preslar at 704-991-0115 or via email at email@example.com with any questions.