Federal Work Study (FWS) provides part-time employment to currently enrolled SCC students.
- Provides an average of 10-20 hours/week of employment on campus.
- FWS funds are limited by availability of positions and available funds.
- Be admitted to a curriculum program of study.
- Demonstrate financial need by the completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply Here.
- NOT be in default on a Federal loan.
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress. Click here for more information.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Contact the Financial Aid Office to inquire about open Work Study positions and to submit a resume.
- Resumes are required when applying for open positions. If you do not have a resume available, you may complete the Resume Form and submit it instead.
- Selected students will be contacted by the supervisor for an interview.
- Students selected for a position must complete HR employment forms and undergo a background check.
- Students not selected will be contacted by the FA Office once the position is filled.
- Work schedules will be determined by the supervisor.
- Must turn in signed timesheet by the 5th of each month in order to get paid.
- Students will be paid one month behind, on the last working day of each month.