Welcome to Military Services at Stanly Community College.
Stanly Community College has been approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency to offer degrees, diplomas and certificates to those students eligible to receive VA Educational Benefits.
- Assistance with applying for veteran educational benefits
- Information and assistance with applying for financial aid (in addition to VA educational benefits)
- Certifying VA education benefits
- Referrals and assistance in accessing counseling, disability services, tutoring and other college resources
- At Stanly Community College we understand that your educational journey may not be traditional. In addition to seated classes, Stanly Community College offers completely online programs to complete an associate’s degree, diploma, or certificate. Whether you choose to take one class, seated classes or complete an entire degree online, SCC has many educational opportunities.
To see our list of our programs, please visit https://www.stanly.edu/future-students/college-catalog/programs-study.
Prospective Student Resources:
College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
Paying for College is a webpage which can be used to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information.
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet is a model award letter that is sent to students who self-identify as a Veteran student or can be provided upon request through the SCC Financial Aid Office.
To apply for admission to SCC – SCC Admission Application
To apply for financial aid – FAFSA Application
Veteran students are encouraged to apply for the FAFSA. The FAFSA is the application for the Pell Grant and could provide additional financial assistance. If eligible, the Pell Grant funds would be in addition to VA benefits.
Questions regarding the Military Service Educational benefits should be directed to the School Certifying Officials who are located in the Financial Aid Office.
SCC School Certifying Officials: