Applying for VA Educational Benefits

Students interested in beginning or changing their VA Educational benefits will need to login to the Veterans Administration website at  

Once the application process has been completed the VA will issue and send a Certificate of Eligibility to the students which provides an outline of eligibility and benefits.

In addition the webpage provides the ability to check eligibility and a GI Bill Comparison Tool.

Note: Students do not have to wait for the receipt of the Certificate of Eligibility to begin using their VA benefits at Stanly Community College; however, they must complete the Declaration of VA Benefits at SCC form (available under Military Services - VA Forms) so that the required information can be ascertained.

Please contact the SCC Certifying officials located in the Financial Aid Office at 704-991-0302 with any questions and/or concerns.