Transfer of Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits

The Department of Defense (DoD) offers members of the Armed Forces the opportunity to transfer Chapter 33 benefits to qualified dependents.

If a member of the Armed Forces (active duty or Selected Reserve) serves at least six (6) years and reenlists for four (4) more years, then transfer of entitlement (ToE) is possible.

While on active duty, a request to transfer, change or revoke a ToE is done through milConnect.

After leaving active duty,  members can provide a future effective date for use of the ToE, modify the number of months transferred or revoke entitlement transferred by submitting a written request to VA through milConnect.

More information is available on the website.