Nurse Aide Level I - Blended
This course consists of theory that is completed independently online, 13 lab days held at the Crutchfield Education Center (Locust, NC) from 9am to 4pm on Fridays, and 6 Sunday clinicals at a long-term care facility in Albemarle. In this course, students learn how to provide personal care and basic nursing skills such as checking vital signs, bed-making, bathing, dressing, feeding, ambulating, and transferring, which will prepare them to provide safe and competent care to the elderly in a variety of settings. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a Certificate of Completion and be eligible to register for the NNAAP Nurse Aide I state exam. The cost of the exam is $140. See www.credentia.com for further information about the exam. Upon passing the exam, candidates will be eligible to be listed on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry.
- Students must provide a valid photo ID, and social security card.
- Students are required to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccine series or a medical/religious exemption (2 MMR’s, 2 Varicella, Hepatitis B series, and a Tetanus shot within last 10 years strongly recommended but not required)
- Proof of a current flu vaccine or a medical/religious exemption is required during flu season (October – March).
- Negative TB skin test within the last 9 months.
- All students are required to undergo a complete criminal background check per clinical agency. More information will be provided as to how to complete this after the start of class.
- Students must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency or be dual enrolled in adult high school/high school equivalency program at SCC or in public high school and 16.5 years or older with a dual enrollment form completed to take this class.
- Proof of completion of one of the following: ENG 111/113, a bachelor’s degree, or CASAS reading test at 10th grade level or higher.
- Uniforms consisting of white tops and black pants will be required for clinical.
There is an orientation held before classes begin.
Listed below are course syllabus, handbook, and checklist for the class. These forms are able to be downloaded and printed for you to bring to orientation.
Classes are offered in January, and August.
Must have a minimum of 8 students registered to hold class. If class is cancelled due to low enrollment those registered will be notified via their Stanly Community College e-mail. If class is cancelled a full refund will be processed and refunded to you from the SCC Business Office.
Students are required to log into Canvas on Monday prior to the first class. The SCC login information below will walk you through logging into SCC's email and Canvas.
Registration fee is $206.50. This is due in full at the time of registration.
Criminal background check fee of $40-$50 payable to API as a money order. Money orders are not needed until after the start of class.
Required textbooks may be purchased from the SCC Bookstore. Expected cost is $130.
Additional cost includes uniforms and required vaccines
Total course hours: 216.5
For registration assistance, contact the Eagle's One Stop at 704-991-0123.
Contact Jennifer Jones at 704-991-0244 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.