The Pharmacy Technician course prepares students to assist the pharmacist in duties that a technician can legally perform and to function within the boundaries prescribed by the pharmacist and employing agency. Students learn how to prepare prescription medications, mix intravenous solutions and other specialized medications, update patient profiles, maintain inventories, package medications in unit-dose or med-card form, and gather data used by pharmacists to monitor drug therapy. Employment opportunities include retail pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes, research laboratories, wholesale drug companies, and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities. Successful course completers may be eligible to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam and become a certified pharmacy technician.
- Textbook and workbook are required and are available in the SCC Albemarle Campus Bookstore during semesters when this course is offered.
- Course includes:
- One Monday evening face-to-face class meeting at the SCC Crutchfield Education Center in Locust, NC 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Four Monday evening online live meetings from 6pm to 9pm throughout the course.
- Asynchronous online lessons and activities delivered via the Canvas learning management system
- US high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Driver’s license or state ID
Total hours: 202
To register, please contact the Eagle's OneStop at 704-991-0123.
Call Dr. Rita Love at (704) 991-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.