Nurse Aide Level I
This course prepares graduates to provide personal care and perform basic nursing skills such as checking vital signs, bed-making, bathing, dressing, feeding, ambulating, and transferring. The course consists of theory, lab, and clinical hours in a long-term care facility. Upon satisfactory completion of this course, the graduate will receive a Certificate of Completion and be eligible to register for the NNAAP State Exam through NACES. The cost of the exam is $140.
Visit www.credentia.com for further information on the exam. Upon passing the state exam, the candidate will be eligible to be listed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
- Students must provide a valid photo ID, and social security card.
- Negative TB skin test within the last 9 months
- Proof of a current flu vaccine or a medical/religious exemption is required during flu season (October – March).
- All students are required to undergo a complete criminal background check per clinical agency. More information will be provided as to how to complete this after the start of class.
- Students must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency or be dual enrolled in adult high school/high school equivalency program at SCC or in public high school and 16.5 years or older with a dual enrollment form completed to take class.
- Uniforms consisting of black tops and black pants will be required for clinical.
Total hours: 180
- There is an orientation held before classes begin.
- Must have a minimum of 8 students registered to hold class. If class is cancelled due to low enrollment those registered will be notified via their Stanly Community College e-mail. If class is cancelled a full refund will be processed and mailed to you from the SCC Business Office.
- Due at registration $201.50.
- Required textbooks may be purchased from the SCC Bookstore.
To register, contact the Eagle’s One Stop at 704-991-0123.
Contact Kennedy Covington at 704-991-0244 or email@example.com for additional information.