Nurse Aide Level I Refresher
The course is designed to provide a review of the Nurse Aide I core content to prepare individuals with pervious Nurse Aide training to sit for the Nurse Aide I State Exam (NNAAP exam). Individuals eligible to take the course are listed below in the course requirements. The course is 45 hours long and includes the following Nurse Aide I curriculum content: Basic Nursing Skills, Personal Care Skills, Recognition of Mental Health and Social Service Needs, Care of Cognitively Impaired Residents, Basic Restorative Services and Resident Rights. Lab activities are required but there is not a clinical component to the course. Students must attend ALL 45 hours to be eligible for a certificate of completion that is required for sitting for the NNAAP exam. The cost of the NNAAP exam is $140. Visit www.credentia.com for further information on the exam. Upon passing the NNAAP exam, the candidate will be eligible to be listed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry. This program is approved and regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulations (DHSR).
Individuals must have diploma or equivalent plus one of the following...
- Prior listing on NA I Registry in NC in good standing at the time of expiration (must have expired within the last 5 years)
- Prior listing on NA I Registry in another state in good standing at time of expiration (must have expired within last 5 years)
- Certificate of completion from previously completed state approved NA I program who did not take the NNAAP exam within the 2-year timeframe (class must have been taken within last 5 years)
- Current listing on NA I registry in another state
- Those with approved waivers by DHSR that wish to have a review prior to taking the NNAAP exam
Must have a minimum of 8 students registered to hold the class. If class is cancelled due to low enrollment those registered will be notified via their Stanly Community College e-mail and the SCC Business Office will process a full refund of the registration fee.
Students must purchase the NAT Curriculum Student Manual published by DHHS in the SCC Bookstore prior to the first day of class.
Listed below is the course syllabus and checklist for the class.
The registration fee is $125.50 and is due in full at the time of registration.
For registration assistance, contact the Eagle's One Stop at 704-991-0123.
Contact Jennifer Jones at 704-991-0244 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.